Lawn care is something that eats up a huge hunk of any homeowner’s time.
It needs so much care so that it can stay looking healthy. When you have other chores to do, you don’t want to be spending all that time slaving away in the backyard. If you’re looking for alternatives, an artificial lawn could be the answer.
Here’s five ways of caring for it that are a lot easier than looking after a real lawn.
Taking Care of a Real Lawn is a Drag
Anyone with a real lawn can tell you this.
They’re wonderful, they’re soft, and look fantastic when cared for properly. However, to get it looking good, you’re going to spend some serious time pampering that grass.
There’s the watering, which you can’t skip or the lawn will go brown and dry. There’s the constant mowing, unless you want your back yard to look like a jungle. There’s also the fact that your pets can and will dig holes in it. That means you’re going to be filling those holes back in and reseeding your lawn when you should be relaxing.
In short, they’re more difficult to look after than you would imagine.
So, why are artificial lawns different?
Because they don’t need any of the care listed above.
Having a non living lawn means that you’ll never have to mow, water or feed it ever again. You’ll be spending minutes taking care of it, rather than hours. Instead of spending your weekends toiling away at the lawn, you can spend them enjoying it instead.
Nothing is better than that.
5 Ways to Take Care of your Artificial Lawn
An artificial lawn doesn’t need mowing, but it does need some care in order to keep it looking it’s best. Here’s the best 5 ways to keep it looking amazing all year round.
- Brush away the debris: Over time, debris such as leaves can pile up on your lawn. As with a natural lawn, you don’t to let that debris sit too long. This is because debris on the lawn can encourage weeds to germinate and grow on it. Weeds are easy to remove, but avoid the task altogether by brushing away debris regularly.
- Keep the pile brushed up: Your artificial lawn is a lot like a carpet, in that it has a pile. Over time, rain and other conditions can flatten your lawn and make it look rather tired. To perk it back up again, all you have to do is give it a brush to fluff the pile back up. Buy a stiff bristle brush to do the job.
- Keep fire away from your lawn: As your lawn is made from various plastics, it really does not mix well with any form of extreme heat. Keep your bonfires and barbecues well away from it to avoid any potential damage. An artificial lawn company can make repairs if it has heat damage, but it won’t look the same as it did before.
- Keep pets and kids from damaging the lawn: Artificial lawns are totally safe for your kids and pets, but you may need to train them before they start using them. Children may try and pick at it, as they would real grass, so you’ll need to inform that if they do, it won’t grow back. As for your pets, most won’t dig at it as soon as they see it won’t give. If they persist, though, you may have to train them not to dig at it to avoid damage.
- Give it a light cleaning if needed: Most of the time, your lawn won’t need to be cleaned, much like a real lawn won’t need it. However, sometimes staining happens. If you need to clean a mark off, a mixture of warm water and dish soap should do the trick. If you want to refresh your whole lawn, you can hose it down as and when required.
So as you can see, having an artificial lawn is great as it won’t need anywhere near as much care as your real lawn did. There are also lots of other great benefits to having one installed, too:
– It’s eco friendly: People who are worried about their effect on the planet love artificial lawns. They don’t have to water them so they don’t have to worry about their water consumption. Plus, they can buy their lawn second hand, recycling it rather than letting it end up in a landfill.
- It looks great all year round: In the summer your lawn can go brown and dry, and in the winter it can get boggy, thanks to rain. It can be a nightmare to keep it looking green and lush when the weather is working against you. The artificial lawn, however, has no problem staying green and full all year round. It won’t even fade in the sun.
- It saves you time: Taking care of an artificial lawn is so easy that it can be done in minutes. You can save all that time at a single stroke, and instead of caring for the lawn, you can start enjoying it instead.
- It’s easy to install: If you want to save a bit of cash on your lawn, you can actually install it yourself. The process is very simple, and can be done very quickly depending on the size of your garden. If you’re looking for a DIY project that will improve your back yard, this is it.
- It feels just like grass: Some people worry that artificial grass can be prickly and sharp. Order yourself some samples if you’re concerned. You’ll see that it’s just as soft and comfortable as the real thing.
Artificial lawns are easier to care for than you’d think. Follow these five tips for keeping it at its best, and you can’t go wrong.