1. Can pre-owned football turf be used for my indoor hitting facility or batting cages?
Yes. All football turf is perfect for baseball use. It protects your equipment and can eliminate dirt and muddy areas. Play longer. Can also be used with baseball cleats. Turf is completely drainable as well.
2. Can the grass be used for my soccer facility Indoor/outdoor?
Many customers have already saved thousands of dollars by using pre-owned turf to cut cost instead of paying for new material.
3. Is pre-owned turf OK for my dog facility or yards?
Yes. Grass from synthetic soccer or football fields have many advantages for pets. The turf is durable, will stop yellow spots from urineand is TOTALLY drainable. Stops most dogs from digging which will keep your facility cleaner, no muddy areas. Easy to maintain.
4. How do I keep smell out ofmy pet turf?
You can purchase white vinegar at discount stores and dilute 4-1 with water and spray the area of concern or waste to clean and deodorize.
5. How old is the turf?
The turf we sell might only be a couple of years old or just be a replacement age to 10 years old. Ask your sales representative, a lot of times the facility will replace…just to get new turf.
6. How big are the rolls of turf?
Most rolls are 10’ x 60’ or 15’ x 60’. Check with your sales rep. to be sure.
7. Can I pick out the rolls I want?
Yes as long as the rolls are easy to get to on the top or side. No cherry picking the rolls on the middle or bottom.
8. Can I rollout the turf to see what it looks like?
Not really. The turf is too heavy to roll back. You can pull the turf back to verify the condition of the material.
9. How heavy are the rolls of turf?
If the rolls have no infill, they weigh ½ a pound per sq. inch. If the rolls have rubber/sand infill, check with your sales rep. because these rolls can be thousands of pounds.
10. What is infill?
Some football and soccer turf uses infill that consists of rubber and/or sand. The material is brushed into the grass blades and the weight of the material holds down the turf and well as make the turf feel like sod.
11. How long will the turf last?
Pre-owned turf should last for 5-9 years if you take care of it.
12. How do I get the heavy rolls out of my trailer?
Forklifts work great. You can also pull the roll out of the trailer with a tow strap. Once you get the roll on the surface you can unroll the turf and cut to a few smaller manageable panels for install.
13. How do I keep the panels together?
Seam tape and adhesive (glue). You can also go to Youtube and search: artificial grass seam taping for how-to instructions.
14. Will the turf have some markings on them?
Most turf will have some markings on the grass if it came from a football field. Soccer turf does not have as many markings.
15. Can I remove the marks on the turf?
Yes. You can cut out any markings with a carpet blade and panel up only pieces of green turf and seam tape them. You should make sure you have 10% more turf because you will have less material because of waste.
16. Can I get a discount on large volume turf purchases?
Yes. There will be a price break on 5,000 sq. ft. or more. Ask your sales rep.
17. Does AGR ship turf or can you help arrange freight?
Yes. Call your sales rep. We can help you get a quote for shipping. We have helped thousands of people get their turf. You can also check Craigslist in your area under SERVICES: Moving and Hauling.
18. Will you load my turf at the fulfillment center?
Yes. We have forklifts at each site.
19. Can I pick up my turf on the weekends?
Call your sales rep. It is possible that your facility is open on weekends. It depends on the particular fulfillment centers operating hours.
20. What type of vehicle can I bring?
IMPORTANT. Please only bring a large open trailer with a heavy load capacity to haul your turf. No truck beds, no station wagons, no vans, no VW’s to load on the roof. Flatbed, car hauler and goose neck trailers work great.
21. Can I order a small piece of turf?
We only sell rolls of turf. This is why you are getting a below wholesale pricing.
22. Is installing artificial turf a do-it-yourself project?
Yes. Turf is easy to install. We would love to help you with your project and consult you for FREE. At this time, we are not doing installations.