California has always been a trendsetter. This article features a few trends growing today, including homeowners making the switch from natural grass to synthetic turf. The switch benefits the state in its effort to conserve water during the drought, but it also benefits homeowners financially considering synthetic turf doesn’t require watering, cutting, or other expensive maintenance in order to keep it looking good.
- Using drip irrigation in beds
- Developing and monitoring water budgets for clients
- Replacing outdated irrigation systems with “smart” systems
- Using soil surfactants to increase irrigation efficiency
- Growing use of reclaimed water for irrigation
- Growing use of synthetic turf on homeowners’ properties
- Designing and installing landscapes requiring less maintenance and inputs
Read more at TurfMagazine.